View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #27
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Years of observation in my little neck of the woods with Audi/Porsche here in central PA. Lane discipline in on a steady decline with younger drivers that don’t have a clue.
The car culture is on a decline with younger generations so that could be a root cause. Driving a Porsche 911 for 30 years brings out the aggression and insecurities of some drivers to taunt or race. Generally insecure men/boys feel a need to do this even in the most pathetic vehicles.
Audi drivers of the last 5 years or so seem to be housewives and fall into the “non driving enthusiast” demographic in my area. This category is also shared with the Lexus LX owners. My limited ownership of my BMW 50i M-Sport has shown a similar effect as my Porsche with the need to pass me (if I let them) by other drivers only to then slow down in the left lane.
The best way to avoid problems is with the right pedal and don’t get into the zombie pack of cars meandering down the highway. My issue in the States is just because you know the rules of the road academically to get your license doesn’t mean you are a competent driver.
When my young kids want to start driving, they will attend a performance driving school before they get their license.

Last edited by MystroX5; 01-13-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0