View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #1
ogelneb
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive Coupe

Dinantronics stage 1 install issue - no power to ECU?

Greetings all - newb member here... I just bought a 2015 428i xDrive Coupe Sport Line with Premium package and M Sport brakes. It had 29,000km on the odo when I bought it and it drives like new. I was really looking for a 435 but the 428 was such a good deal that I could not pass it up. I love the car, but wouldn't mind a little extra hp and torque. This will be a commuter car and I don't plan to track it or anything of the sort.

Fast forward a couple of weeks... In an effort to get closer to 435I power I bought and installed a used DINANTRONICS D440-1632-ST1 on Saturday. Following the instructions, the install was very straightforward and took me about an hour, making sure all of the wiring and harnesses were secured and routed neatly.

As per instructions, after install I did a OBDII scan with the ignition on (engine off). I am getting DTC code U1164. The car is showing multiple warnings (ABS malfunction, drivetrain, etc). Obviously I did not attempt to start the car. I went back to go over the install and noticed the red LED light on the ecu is not coming on. Is this normal? Right now I am guessing the ECU is not powering up, which is probably causing the issues I am seeing. I removed the kit and reverted back to the stock connections, and the car runs fine with no CEL or codes. I am now thinking this used kit I bought might have a fried ECU, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue during installation? Any input / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 1