FeelinBlessed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i AW MPPSK/Track

Garage List
2017 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I had this on my 340i M Sport. The black rubber trim rubs against the doorsill. I had a waterless detail, which uses a lot of lubrication and it made it a squeaky racket. A regular car wash reduced the noise, but it came back after a few days. My theory is that if it is lubricated too much, it allows for movement between the rubber and the paint, causing noise. If it's nice and dry, there will be no rubbing. One solution is to use a specific strip of 3m tape that gets rid of the friction. From what I read, it has to be trimmed. Also, I was going to try to clean the rubber with a mild detergent to cut through the greasy lubricant and leave little residue. I never got the chance to try it though. The next step was to try babypowder.... no kidding. Good luck!
Just like you said I made sure to clean the doorsill and the rubber trims with water only. The noises magically disappeared!