View Single Post
      12-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #61
TumblingPanda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Hey, alternatively can't you just unplug the module after both valves are open and the baffles will permanently stay open?
You can. Even better, turns out the valve is spring loaded to stay open. So when the engine is shut off, the valve is open. Looks like it closes immediately after the engine starts (left side exhaust pipe). At least, that was the case with my 2013 335i. When my buddy who owns an M4 told me this, I was surprised and checked it with a flash light. I simply pulled off the connector when the car was shut off, covered both ends of the connector with insulation tape to prevent water and dirt from entering, and it worked! Also, the top part of the rubber grommet used for suspending the exhaust muffler seems to be a good cool (relatively!) place to wrap the otherwise dangling connector.

There were no error codes and it has been about 2 yrs and everything seems to work just fine! And, yes I've check that the valve stays open and exhaust gases come out of both the tips all the time

Last edited by TumblingPanda; 12-16-2017 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: valves->valve. Realized that there is only one, the left side one :P
Appreciate 1