View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Back story: My upper back, basically right in-between my shoulder blades, have been aching for upwards of two months now. Best way I can describe it, is the constant feeling of having to crack my upper back. Anyways I have been trying my best to be conscious about my posture. I've also been sleeping without a pillow as I heard that it may help align your spine to an extent. I'm a back sleeper, so it really isn't that uncomfortable in my eyes. I've even dedicated at least 1 day a week to some yoga-like stretching focused on my upper back. Even after all of that, I still wake up with the same tightness each morning. It progressively dissipates throughout the day, but is still there regardless.

My next thought is changing up my desk chair for something that will provide more lower lumbar support in the attempt to straighten out my posture (which I really don't think is that bad, I've never had anyone say to me that my posture is bad - I'm also fairly fit, ~180lbs 5'10"). I work roughly 10hrs a day, and I'd say I am at my desk roughly 7-8 of those hrs. So to get to the point, does anyone have any ergonomic office chairs that they would recommend? I've done some digging online, but would rather hear some actual opinions, especially if someone has similar discomfort.

Much appreciated!

Side Note: I have not discounted the fact that my mattress could be the issue, but I'm working through the problem moving from least expensive to most expensive fix. No I have not been to a chiropractor, maybe I should.
I feel your pain. My back hurts in the exact same location. Always assumed it was the trap exercises that caused it. Our work days sound identical. I have not tried any form of an ergonomic chair or changed mattresses yet but I have been using a back massager with heat. That helps considerably.

Sub'd for ideas
Appreciate 0