10-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #16
WajahatM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
First I called my local BMW dealership who said they can tell with my VIN if everything was up to date. They said I was all caught up.(Bought a MY 2013 used about 6 months ago.) I have a local BMW Indy that I decided to have check out the car and found that I was on ORIGINAL software. It showed last update was in 2012.

I had him update and everything's been peachy since for me. This also fixed the logging issue I was having with JB4(the initial reason I wanted the update)

Terry had me slow CANbus but still wouldn't log correctly.

The one thing that I've been having trouble with(not sure if related or not) is my auto Start/Stop. Seems to work sporadically now. I'm coding it off on startup anyway. Also, if you coded your car for added features, the update will set everything back to stock. So you will have to re-code everything again.
I'll try the dealership first because my service adviser is pretty cool and mod friendly. Hopefully there is an update that I can do that would fix the problem.

I actually coded the Auto start stop off on my car and its been great, did it mostly because it made the car not respond for less than a second to throttle input which felt kinda dangerous to me. The newer system is much better and smoother. There is a post about some reasons why A.S.S doesn't engage: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=663713 .
Appreciate 0