08-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2brian703 View Post
Was it my fault to take my business elsewhere?

IMHO, whenever BMW dealer screw things up they should make up for it, otherwise BMWNA should.
It's like your kid does something wrong and never apologize, then you should go and apologize for your kid.
You did the right thing cancelling your order and taking your business elsewhere. That resolved the issue quickly, completely, and with no harm to you.

Something that would rise to the level of deserving compensation, imho, would be an issue with the car. Maybe your new car ends up being in the shop for a few weeks for something, then sure ask BMW to cover a lease payment. Or the dealer damages your car while it's in for service, then ask them for something.

You will almost certainly encounter more unsatisfactory customer service with your BMW. You'll go in for service and the loaner you were promised won't be available. You'll go to pick up your car and have to wait an extra 30 minutes because it wasn't quite ready. You'll get it back from service and it turns out the problem wasn't fixed. You'll have to wait 2 weeks for a part. Or you'll get your car back with grease marks on the floor mats.

If you plan on asking for material compensation from BMWNA every time that kind of stuff happens, then I have a feeling you may end up with a disappointing ownership experience.
Appreciate 0