View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 08:18 AM   #23
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Remember that car magazine reviews are based on short-term driving experiences with any given make and model. I personally prefer to form my own opinions based on longer-term ownership and could really care less what some Detroit-based car mag thinks about my favorite ride. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters. I'm sure there are owners of other makes who feel the same way.
I have felt similarly for a long time, and you see more and more car reviewers telling you to ignore spec sheets, lap times, and comparisons like these. I deliberately did not test drive any other cars before i purchased mine, because i knew I liked it so I got what I liked. There might be other cars with slightly more power, torque, grip, steering feel, whatever, but this car is great for how i drive and looks the part. I'm just no that indecisive that I have to have the latest and greatest or keep comparing my car to others.

But even with all that in mind, i doubt that my car is winning any awards, so i'm not surprised that we're not in the top 10. The playing field is fairly flat in this era. Every car company has a 300+ hp commuter that gets 25+mpg. and BMW isn't bringing the heat like they're trying to compete with that. They just got buried in the crowd. Their only saving grace is rwd, 6 speed, and not american or a br-z.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0