United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_RETURN View Post
Squidlyboy-

Thank you for posting this DIY... You Saved me a lot of frustration.

The recommend additional VHB tape + adhesive promoter and surface prep is absolutely necessary. I have a plastic pop rivet gun so I used this instead of the BMW rivets in a few spots. They seem to fit tighter than the the BMW ones.

I Now understand why Squidlyboy stressed getting it Jacked up is the most difficult part. I have a set of Rhino Ramps and they were Effectively Useless for this project. The front of my car just barely cleared the rhino ramps without the front splitter and with the new splitter, forget it. I knew if I had used them it would have torn off the splitter backing it off the ramps. My rolling floor jack also doesn't fit under the car never mind hitting the jack point.

I ended up using some 2x8 scraps I had lying around to get it 1.5" off the floor. Definitely not ideal but it was just enough so I could get under it to work. I will definitely be fabricating some more permanent ramps with the steps in the near future.

I left it Black and it blends well with the rest of the car.

Melbourne Red with black accents. Pictures to follow.
I read the Rhino ramps are 6.5" height. Is it not enough to clear the lip + bumper? Do you have your car lowered?
Appreciate 1
Batdan1.50