03-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #18
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
I'm not sure how the roads are now after the hurricane, but I assume they are worse than before. It will be pretty rough in a 135i.

I'd look for a place that is in a guarded neighborhood.
Yeah thoughts of moving the car are over, taxes are $4k alone!!

Wow man thank you so much for all this!!! I've been checking these out lots of good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
We just went there on vacation. The roads were horrible! I had a wrangle and it was needed. Can you store your car and lease something there?

Even though some areas looked disheveled, i felt safe the whole time with my wife and 3 kids in tow. They're still rebuilding from Maria.

El Younque is beautiful! There's lots of places near there. Is your wife working in San Juan?
Yeah we're likely selling her car, storing mine, and leasing a jeep or something similar.

Haven't heard of El Younque before so will definitely check that out, and she's going to be working in Guaynabo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Sell the 135, buy a beater and save up for the M2 Competition Matticus.

Oh and keep the snake, as he/she will love PR. Seemed fairly jungly when i was there for airplane layover
Lol I love my 1er not selling any time soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Rincon is one of my favorite hideouts to be in. Upper West coast...and within a couple hours of San Jose.

Only advice I can give is to hit the gas when the light turns green...cause if you dont, you'll hear about it.
I've heard a lot of great things about Rincon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
Another tip that I just remembered. Don't pull over for cops with their lights on, only pull over if they turn on their siren and start riding your ass.
That's an odd one, any particular reasoning? Do they just drive with their lights on normally?