View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #71
antothaman
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

I got my 2013 328xi in december 2012. I drove it in snow, rain, dry pavement, and first night i actually hit a huge puddle going 75 on the highway and I am pretty sure that if I didnt have the XDrive I would've spun into the divider 36hrs after getting the car. Being my first night drive and first highway drive in it, I had a pretty tough time adjusting to the visibility. I came from a 2006 CLS500 rwd of course and visibility was hugely superior in that. Or maybe I was just used to it.

Anyway, I have a love-hate relationship with the AWD. I love it during the 10 days of snowy roads because it dose make you feel a lot safer. I hate it cruising on the highway and around some not so tight corners. I don't pretend to be a rally driver I drive really nice and easy but I do notice the difference between a rwd and awd and I would choose the rwd if i didn't absolutely need the awd. The only reason I got the xdrive was because I had a $1000 discount for the x-drive models from my dealership and the lease would've been within a few dollars difference.

Another thing to consider is MPG if that is one of your deciding factors. It burns more gas.. like expected. My mileage is right on the money with BMW specs. I currently have an average of 28.7mpg after 3900miles but I drive 75% or more on the highway with cruise control on at 70 or 75mph. It's not bad and it will get better once it gets warmer in PA-NJ-NY where I'm always driving it.
Appreciate 0