View Single Post
      03-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #369
Royboy63
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d m sport

Ok so it’s a long story that I will bore chaps with if requested but not if not.

I have been a VAG chap for over 30 years and whilst I still like the product the customer service my wife and I have received over the last 3 years leaves something to be desired so......

With early retirement fast approaching I started to look for a car to last me well into retirement - intending to take my time and enjoy the process.

I have never owned a BMW and decided to go see......

I test drove an F31 330d M Sport Touring - wow!

Having no experience I did not really appreciate just how well specified this car was - it was awesome and definitely ticked nearly all my boxes........but......

It was the first car I was test driving and being a careful soul I wanted to see other cars on the market - this was late January ..... so off I poped and started looking...

Problem was everything I looked at, I found myself comparing it with the BMW above and they didn’t stand up.

So 2 weeks ago I found myself back at the BMW dealer. The car was still available - lucky me.

Deal was done and I was happy.

However my father passed away that weekend - the arrangements all fell to me, and with a long holiday looming as well I have ended up paying for the car in full with the dealer agreeing to store it until my return in June ! I told you it was a long holiday!

So I am the proud new owner of a 12 months old 330d M Sport Touring with an amazing spec (detailed later) with 9k on the clock and still covered by the BMW warranty for 2 years at least- but I can’t play with it til June - frustrating or what!

Spec

330d M Sport Touring in Alpine white (colour I wanted)
Adaptive M Sport suspension
Steering wheel heating
Reversing camera (on my tick list)
Pan Roof (on my tick list)
Sun protection glass
Extended storage
Heated seats
Driving assistant
Park assist
RTTI
Concierge service
Remote services
Online entertainment
Enhanced Bluetooth -wireless charging
Full black panel display
WiFi hotspot prep
Nav Pro (on my tick list)
Head - up display (NOT on my tick list but should have been!)
Speed limit display
Interior comfort package
Innovation package
Sport auto trans
LED fogs front
LED headlights
And other bits and bobs

I have asked them to fit a removable Towbar - I have a small day sailor that I will tow occasionally. (Again on my tick list). I would have liked electric memory seats but hey ho!

My first question is about the Towbar - is the westfalia the best to go for?

My second is about the LED headlights - they are not the adaptive ones - but what is involved when a “bulb” goes?

Are they a sealed unit and if so how many mortgages will I need to replace one?

How long are they expected to last?

Has anyone any experience of having to change one?

Are they covered by the BMW Warranty?

It appears I have told most of the long story ..... Sorry for boring you

But answers to these (and other!) questions will be much appreciated

And now for the admission that I think many on here will never forgive me for.......

The car was on 19” 403 M light star spoke wheels which I asked to be changed back to the 18” variety with 45 profile tyres - as I prefer to have tyres rather than rubber bands on the wheels especially in run flats - even 45 profile is less than I really like. The dealer, unsurprisingly, obliged!

The price did reflect this change and I am happy.

Thank guys

Roy

Last edited by Royboy63; 03-30-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
MSCD3184.50
BMW BRAD202.50