SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I just gave you that example. Its not how you think. respect or no respect, senna did what he wanted, so it doesnt matter. Thats my point.
Words like respect are used for us, people at the side, the media etc. on the track its just results. They do what they think they'll get away with to achieve maximum results. thats why suzuka happend.
And of course f1 is a team sport, but the other drivers arent in his team are they?
Sure verstappen needs the respect from his mechanics, sponsers and team bosses otherwise he'll get fired. but he gets that respect by winning, not by being a push over on the track.
A racing driver needs to take every oppertunity to beat his opponents. thats why 3 cars were side by side in that corner. no one showed respect to eachother and just wanted to be first through. and that went wrong.
Thats how racing is done.
And like I said, if something was done that was absolutely wrong, someone would have gotten a penalty. and because that didnt happen.....
If they showed eachother respect, the referee's/competition management wouldt be necessary. but all drivers get penalties at one point or another. Lack of respect. Trying to get away with things. breaking the rules. But no penalties in this incident...so a legit move. no one gave in so they crashed all 3. all 3 are to blame (matter of fact, no penalties, guess no one showed enough respect whatever that means)

but I guess its human to think one knows better than the person actually performing it (or than the referees for that matter). VES got into F1 as the sum of all his actions and achievements. Did you get there too? No? then how do you know what's best for him?
That was not an example where being not-respected was an advantage. That was an example of Senna being unprofessional to win. Not his shining moment. Also your argument is that Senna did not respect Prost. Turned out badly for Prost. Good argument for my side, but you have not brought a valid point for lack of respect being an advantage.

Again - an example where no one respecting you is advantageous. Please.

Your argument that because the FIA did not penalize, it is not wrong is also invalid. Penalties do not define ethics. It is also well accepted that the FIA is also in the wrong here.

No personal attacks please. Simply facts. Please provide some to back up your argument.

The actions of VES are dangerous. Ask any professional F1 driver. He has stated that his actions, including possibly wrecking a competitor are deliberate. Respect brings sponsors. Sponsors bring money. Money is required to race. Examples: Maldonado dropped after Ven dropped funding. Constant talk of Perez's backers.

Nobody wants their car wrecked. That is a fact.

Please drop the assumptions and "I think this and that"

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0