View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 06:01 AM   #173
BettyFkinCrocker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
His 25 yrs is very relevant being that he has been with BMW a long time and has experience dealing directly with any issues that may be out here
Wrong. 25 years has zero relevance in the context of a conversation regarding an engine that has been around for 8. Hypothetically, 8 years of his experience is relevant...and that's assuming he isn't just an oil changer etc. In the context of the data we have here and elsewhere, his 8 years becomes even less relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linc0909 View Post
Being in close proximity is very much to be considered, BMW offers special lease rates for ALL their employees and that being said there is a magnitude of BMWs in this area. So the large amount of the vehicles being in this area and this particular dealer being the ONLY dealer within 5 counties shows that this dealer would see a significant amount of cars with any 'common' issue. This wouldn't add to the frequency but the fact that if there was a problem then with the abundance of vehicles, more so than other market places, they would see an issue more so than a rural community if there was one.
No. Not only is the information being filtered through you're perspective (which has historically been inaccurate at best), it is dissolved when looking at the data from all other sources. Your small region (assuming your input is accurate at all) still does not represent a real statistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanF30 View Post
So what are you saying? There is no issue? Have you considered that he maybe lying
I mean, he works at dealership... why would you believe him, especially with such a claim?
As with 99.99% of this guys posts, it can be ignored. He speaks as if he is the head engineer at BMW because he worked on his neighbors lawn mower once. Look through his post history, it's pretty comical.
1/4: 10.90@128
60-130: 7.43
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50