SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Raymondo log is just one more example of the tuning approach I explained to you last week.

No such thing as definitive good or bad. There're tradeoffs, I thought I explained crystal clear...
Yes, you explained your side of it. Setting load request to what ever and then use a boost ceiling instead of proper load control (the way I understand it). But with this log/tune neither load nor boost target is met. Not to the same degree as on the stock map anyway...?

Sorry Raymondo - I'll open another post around this subject.
I have no side of it, my approach is different. My map manipulates load with actual boost control, rather than brutally capping it.

Just to avoid more confusion - This is MHD channels you're seeing with Raymondo log, at least so it appears. It uses different terminologies than BM3. Namely, the load req in MHD means differently than in BM3. BM3 has a different name for the same thing.

The log of Raymondo is fundamentally the same as yours, just a more polished one. That EWG is much easier to get run right than PWG is why.

I have maps like yours and Raymondo's and they worked more than just fine. But at the boost level (18+ across) I want my car run, I'd fine tune the boost/load rather than use a cap to make target flat across. The latest logs I sent you, the boost curve is otherworldly smooth and ignition always extremely clean for pump gas. So much time spent.

Meeting the boost target or not is a matter of pre and post boost control. It's a lower level and a more direct parameter to control. Intentional overshoot (post throttle, not pre boost) actually requires more skill. Underboost is safe and easy.

Let's stop from here. For a topic like this, you'd better PM specific persons than open a new thread.