DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog99 View Post
GANG:

I recently purchased & installed a Unichip box into my 2013 X5.
I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY. It is like an OEM install I love it.
Comments:
1. Turn down the volume on your aux output thats controlled in idrive. Drop it 2 clicks below mid point. This ensures the audio that comes out is not overdriven (you want the signal low-ish so the amp is boosting quality audio & this does that).

2. MAKE SURE you have a quality MFI certified cable to connect your phone. If you do all is well, if you dont it will drop & fail (true w/ all carplay head units)

3. The included microphone is great. Ran it to behind my rearview mirror, cant see it at all. WORKS GREAT.

4. I chose to drop the BT connection of my phone to my BMW now that I have this. If you dont do that, you have to turn off BT when in carplay mode. You cannot have BT & the AUX in going at the same time and not crash on phone calls. But there is no reason for a BT connection if you have carplay & the cable. All calls, music, etc all happen over the cable. No loss in functionality.

5. I love Carplay with the jog dial! Thought Id want touch screen but I dont. I love this as is & like using the idrive to navigate about safely. Super great.

I love having simple SIRI voice control for phone calls, texts, navigation & music. SO SO Great.
God damn'it ... I wrote off this because of people claiming it was buggy and didn't really work out great.

Where did you buy yours? Did you install it yourself? Coding? I currently have the small screen and would like to buy this and the big screen - kind of one of the worst parts of my car