Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I think I will have any future repairs done at a dealership because many independent shops just can't deal with the electronics on newer cars.

I used a very well regarded local shop to repair my 2014 435i after I hit an alligator (piece of truck tire tread) on the highway and tore up the front and rear bumpers.

After I picked up the car, I had lots of issues with the PDC sensors activating when there was nothing in the way. It make the PDC system worthless, as well as driving me nuts when the warning tone went off at full volume every time I put the car in reverse.

After several failed attempts to fix it, they finally sent me to the dealership and said they would pay to get the issue resolved. Although I've really liked the independent shop in the past, I'm just going straight to the dealership for any future bodywork.
From what I have read, most dealerships don?t own have their own collision shops. They sub contract to shops that are certified in repairs of their car makes. That may not be the case 100% of the time though.
Well, you could always go back to the dealership and be like "hey, I gave you my car to repair. Whatever you did after that is not my issue. The deal is that you would get my car fixed, and you need to make sure that the deal is satisfied".
Follow @Black_Lux_Cars on IG
Appreciate 0