11-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #85
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmutVisor View Post
Yep, very much. Got myself a lovely 4K HDR LG OLED 55" curved screen TV earlier in the year and want to exploit the true 4k HDR experience on it. Despite having Amazon Prime, my internet connection is pants so cant truly take advantage of their UHD stuff (the poor internet connection scales to down to an approx of HD). And frustrating you cant download their 4K content to watch offline on the TV. Only able to on a tablet or smart phone but wont push it across to TV in 4K. Wankers.

Next best is to at least get a 4K player and watch films from that. I've just downloaded some 4K demo footage from youtube and it looks utterly amazing on screen (even though there is quite a bit of downscaling from the download, its still at a massive bitrate).

Ironically, the cheapest current (limited) batch of stand alone 4K players come in at £250+ so getting an XBox One S seems like a steal and has the advantage of playing XBox-only titles too.
100% with you there. That is a lovely TV btw, I wanted the 65 OLED but couldn't justify to the boss so I ended with the Samsung ue65ks8000 and it's pretty amazing anyhow.

Ps have you seen this website? the Samsung chasing the lights demo is the best TV picture I have ever seen. The sky q man couldn't believe it
All of them are good - Panasonic ones encrypted for their sets such as mad max demo. Oh well

http://demo-uhd3d.com
Appreciate 0