07-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #26
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan99 View Post
Very true. My father didn't really care when I told him about it a week after he got the car for me. He was like "ok". I'm only asking because 1. I don't really have anything else to do (it's summer vacation for me), 2. I recently became a member on Bimmerpost, so I want to get answers to some of my questions.

I probably won't buy a car for another 10-15 years because I will be the one to purchase my next car. All of these things fascinate me- that's why I asked. If you don't want me to post any paperwork, I won't. I anyways don't have access to it at the moment because it's at my father's house.
You are free to post whatever you want to, I was just offering some advice. Its not that I "dont want" you to post it. its that I am trying to help you not have a negative experience here at bimmerpost (or any other bmw blog like bimmerfest).

I have see this particular story play out a bunch of times, and I know not only how it ends, but the process by which you GET to the end... and its not usually very pretty or nice.

Anyway, enjoy your car! I bought my 20 year old son a Hyundai, because I did not want to buy him a BMW (I could have, but I didnt). For "me" getting a BMW was something special that took me quite a bit off time to work up to, and I wanted him to also have that enjoyment of striving to get something he wanted. We live in southern california, so he needed a car, but I got him a new "transportation econobox" elantra.

You say you will keep this car for 10-15 years, but I would bet $100 that you will trade it in before you have it 6 years... because you will see something you want better, than you worked for yourself. if you are 17, the "You" who is 26 is likely going to be a much different position than you are now, and you likely will want to do things your own way.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
Ishan99115.00