01-11-2021, 12:00 PM   #5
cxmplex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanbaumg View Post
Hey, congrats on installing it yourself! I have a charge pipe to install and also looking for a shop in the area. But like you said, Turner's very backed up and Schneller (which I hear very good things about) doesn't respond. Turner also seems expensive, quoting me $300 for the install.
Your post gave me hope that maybe I can just do the charge pipe myself if you managed to do the down pipe yourself without having too much prior experience.
Hey to update regarding shops, I had Eastside Motoring install 4 new tires and gap & install a full set of spark plugs (I provided the plugs).

Took 2 hours labor for the spark plugs. This is why I didn't want to do it myself, the 5th and 6th cylinder seems annoying as fuck to get to based on the videos I've watched, so I wasn't upset about it taking them 2.

Took 1 hour of labor for installing the tires.

The invoice was pretty simple, just 3 hours of labor, no other fees. I think it was like $110/hr labor. Honestly despite seeing some worrysome reviews, I had a good experience with them, I didn't get that "if you don't drive a $100k car they won't care" vibe from them at all.

-------------------------

I think I'll be coming back to them soon to install either the supra pump or a dorsch stage 1/2. The MHD HPFP map seems pretty good, a lot of extra boost compared to the non HPFP. Long term plans I think I want to go the Vargas Turbo route and get a custom tune to around 550-600hp on hopefully e50. I don't want to go the "full" turbos because they generally require a lot of other things to be swapped out as well for reliability, but it looks like b58s are reliable up to 600hp without many changes.

Quote:
Your post gave me hope that maybe I can just do the charge pipe myself if you managed to do the down pipe yourself without having too much prior experience.
Charge pipe I think is a little bit harder. I've been eying the CPI kit from BMS and have looked into the vsrf chargepipe upgrade.

It doesn't look too terrible, but just be warned in videos they manage to pull pieces out with ease and slide them in effortlessly. In real life or at least a non-professional doing it, all of those steps are a pain in the ass lol. I spent like at least 30 minutes getting the original downpipe out lol.

Last edited by cxmplex; 01-11-2021 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0