Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittcrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iX View Post
Because everyone will eventually be out of warranty by the time it happens a second time.

Mine was replaced 2 months ago, does that mean I got the new guibo? Seems like nobody knows what's going on.

I'm pretty sure both of my failures have been the clutch pack slipping/skipping. I had codes for the tc saying it's at its end of service life.

On the diesels I know there was a water intrusion/rust issue.
Many were already out of warranty the first time around, so it doesn't matter if they'd be out of warranty, "the next time."
It does matter hence why I made my first comment.

I think most people catch it in warranty as well.
A recall covers the parts and labor to fix your car. The warranty status does not matter.
The dealership might try to say it's a different problem the second time it breaks, but that's a totally different argument.
Recalls are generally for safety related issues and they usually revise said parts. The TC is considered safety related due to possible loss of power. Or something as bad as the Takata airbag recall.

A warranty extension on the other hand or "voluntary recall" is where if the part so happens to fail it will be covered, but I don't really see revisions for those.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
At this point I don't even know what your argument is.
At first you seem to imply that BMW only wants to fix it under a recall 1 time and that the second time it fails, the owner will have to pay for it.
Then you try to explain what a recall actually is.
Please clarify your point.
My point is there's a difference between a safety defect recalls which are mandatory, voluntary recalls, and TSBs.

TC is a safety recall but I've yet to see the update in parts.

So as far as I know the TC is on a 40k replacement interval.
If you look on another thread the TC isn't the issue. It's the Guibo/CV joint is. That is the recall. Bmw will only replace the TC if the "older" defective guibo has damaged the TC. So unless the TC you had replaced had the old guibo, then you should go back and get the recall for the updated guibo.

I had my transfer case (with old guibo) replaced on Oct 2019. Recall came out in Mar 2020. Had my car taken in June 2020 for the new guibo (confirmed with new part number). Fought with BMW that the TC broke because of the old guibo. After some fight they agreed and sent me a check for $4k.

So to answer your question. It shouldn't break again if you have the newer guibo (yeah right?! Lol). Let's hope the new part will keep my TC in check for longer.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0