11-13-2019, 04:36 AM   #7
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Providing you have the Factory oil cooler, how does this compare to Burger's Sport Oil Cooler Valve?

I think you answered your own question in your next post...

The Mosselman unit is a true thermostat as in the OEM unit, albeit it opens at a lower temp to keep oil cooler. Thermostat design can constantly regulate to keep temps stable

The BMS Spool valve simply replaces the OEM thermostat & keeps the flow to cooler wide open ALL the time

This may be good for cars in warm climates - but not so good for cars that drive in cold climates

Here in PA even though still November, it was 9 Deg this morning when I left for work - I don't want my oil flowing to the cooler immediately at those temps

Quote:
or try installing the BMS valve IN the Mosselman thermostat for double the cooling!
Design of BMS spool valve and Moss thermostat not compatible & would defeat the purpose even if it was - you don't need to buy the Moss $400 thermostatic housing only to remove all the guts and replace with an always open spool valve - might as well just install the $60 spool valve in OEM housing

Thanx OP for another great video

I'll have to pick one of these up for install in the spring
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1