10-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #103
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbgeek View Post
Amazing thread and amazing work by everyone involved. I removed my CDV today and thanks to all of you it went like clockwork. I did not remove the slave and instead used a screw to take out the rubber piece. Once it was out, the metal restrictor was just laying in the slave. I hooked the edge of it with my pinky nail and it fell out. The bottom bolt of the slave has to be removed because the line support bracket is held by it. A 6" 3/8 extension with 13 mm deepwell fit the space just right. The hose is rubber (no Teflon or braiding) so it can be clamped to stop fluid loss. I used vice grips at the slave end of the line to keep the most possible fluid in the system. I had 100% succes with zero issues using the pedal to bleed the air. It took 8-10 striokes with the bleeder cracked and the air was gone. I used a traditional brake bleed bottle with a little fluid in the bottom. Im not sure if i was just lucky or what but it bleed like any clutch I've ever worked on.

Ive had this car (328i sportline) for just over a year and love most everything about it except for the clutch. The clutch is (was) so terrible that I was thinking about selling the car. To do so would be a huge deal for me as it's my seventh 3series and I live and breathe BMW. If you're not happy with your clutch and wondering if removing the restrictor is the right move, I'm confident it is. The clutch now works like a clutch. It's smooth, predictable, and fun. I'm so happy with the results. I should mention, once the car was on jackstands, the total job took an hour and 15. It was super quick (leave the slave in). Thanks all
Awesome to finally see a good descriptive post in this thread with pictures! Thank you!

Can I bother you to give a bit of a step by Step with a bit more detail on the bleeding method you had success with? That is the one part I have always had the most concern with and has had me hesitant to do this on my car.