View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 05:28 AM   #16
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Huh, old thread revived so I'll add the last year of dealing with Kuni.

The car I ordered was held at port and no one could tell me why, or when it would show up. I probably should have waited for it, but I'd had it with not getting any info. They had a nearly identically-optioned (traded Driver Assistance Plus and Adaptive LED's for actual cow seats and 19" 403's) 340ix in stock so I bought it.

The delivery was dandy, and I met a new, much more enthusiastic salesperson (Joe Taft) that helped me through the end of process. Joe was great.

Fast forward several months of the car being perfect and I had a low coolant alert and my instrument cluster freaked out while the nav was on. I dropped off the car, picked up a loaner, and didn't really hear anything for four days. On day four, a new SA (my old SA left the dealership) called freaking out about my MusicarNW sound system as they couldn't do the software upgrade to deal with the cluster issue without the HK amp. I'm not sure I buy that based on what's available online regarding how the data communication works in the car, but the audio system is setup PnP so tossing the amp in for a bit shouldn't be an issue.

He wasn't just wondering about the audio stuff, he was basically yelling at me over the phone ("SOMEONE! MAYBE YOU! INSTALLED AN AFTER-MARKET AMP!"). Maybe you. HAH! The car was four months old. Did he think someone broke into my garage in the night and dropped in amps? He left the phone call saying he'd call me back shortly after I said that I bring the HK amp down and plug it in pretty quickly. Kuni SENDS people to MusicarNW. I've discussed the systems with multiple people there with my previous car. I've never heard one twitchy word from anyone before about it.

Hours passed, no word from him, couldn't get him on the phone. I drove the loaner back to find out what was going on. It took a while for him to appear, and when he did, he was just a total dick. "I was at lunch" was the excuse, but it had been nearly an entire business day since I'd spoken with him. He also blathered on about how complicated all these new cars are "because of all the computers". Sigh.

They had checked the coolant and didn't find leaks so I just had them give me my car back. I sent an email to the service manager and the new GM, and got a minor apology.

My only other interaction was when I was looking for tires to put on my spare 18" wheels for winter. The wheels came off of a '13 so I needed new TPMS sensors. They wanted over $600 for TPMS sensors. PFFT.

I haven't set foot in Kuni since. I need to get my oil changed (one year mark but my mileage is low) and I'm just having it done and waiting next week rather than finally having the cluster software issue dealt with. I don't want to leave my car with them for any significant amount of time. Certainly, if you bring your car in and the SA is a gent in his late 40's or so named John, request another SA.
Appreciate 0