View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 08:15 AM   #30
Deli
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgy915 View Post
If you're planning to finance the GT, I would 100% recommend going the CPO route. In my opinion, why buy new when cars are probably the quickest depreciating asset? The advantage of going CPO is that you know its well inspected by BMW, while you can often negotiate for extended warranty (if not already included). Also, if you care about APR, they periodically have killer promotions, making patience your best friend. I acquired my 2014 328i GT ($26k out the door / 17k miles) with $3k down with 1.9% APR 5 yrs. CPO site below.

http://cpo.bmwusa.com/financing-and-special-offers/

I honestly do not have one negative comment regarding my purchase. The car has ECO, Comfort, Sport, and Sport + modes, which cater to your emotions the day you drive the car. Although i'm typically in an office Mon-Fri (finance), the outdoors is what I love. This car provides the class/status I need for showing up to meetings, yet also embody the room for my hiking/mountain biking/snow boarding gear (this can translate to children I guess). Overall, this car is ideal for someone who is still hungry for the occasional adrenaline rush, but also needs the additional space for gear or in your case, children. :]

Feel free to message me if you have additional questions on negotiating with dealerships. A buddy of mine led a merger for two car manufactures. Gave me a lot of "insider scoop" on when to buy and when dealerships are most desperate to sell (they accrue space and interest expenditures everyday the car sits on the lot).
Thank you for all the insight. In truth I was always looking at used since I've gotten bitten before with the depreciation of a new car. I was just deciding if a CPO was worth the extra $2-3k over a regular used car that was inspected, and it looks like most people agree the peace of mind is worth it.

I've found the car I want which is a fully loaded CPO 2014 estoril blue 335 with 34k miles, but the issue is it's 4 hours away so I've been only negotiating through email. Original price was $38k and I've already got them down to $35k by playing the waiting game. My hope is to get them down a bit more, but I think they are getting impatient with me. It has to be worth it to me to make that drive since I'm alright waiting. My biggest worry is they are going to rob me on my trade in knowing that once I'm there, I won't leave without the new car.
Appreciate 0