View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
jdl_131
Rep
Drives: Looking for 335i

Buying a used 340i xDrive

I am considering purchasing a 2016 340i xDrive and would appreciate any input you may be able to give on the price and also any items you can recommend I check specifically.

Build Sheet. This does not have the M package.

2016 340i xDrive with 61,000 miles. Auto transmission. $24,000

I will have the vehicle inspected by a BMW dealer prior to final purchase but if there are any "gotchas" that I can look for before paying for the inspection I would appreciate the heads up.

I have test driven the vehicle and it seems to be in good shape. It has new Continental PureContact LS tires and was aligned.

Issues I have found:
-The right front brake rotor is scored pretty deeply and I believe should be replaced. Can anyone provide a parts estimate on this for good brakes? I have replaced brakes before, anything special on these that would make it a shop repair?
-It has a penny size ding in the rear bumper that I do not believe can be repaired.
-Several light scratches/scuffs on the passenger side that I believe could be reasonably buffed out. Nit picking here.

The car is for sale at a local non-BMW dealership and they offer 1/2 price oil changes with the purchase...would you have your oil changed at a non-BMW dealer? Not sure what the value is on this.

Thanks for your help!