View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #2
RobTeazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive

Ogden huh, will you be at Hill AFB? My time in the AF is how I wound up in Northern Utah.

1) The highest Octane fuel you're going to find out here is 91. I go to Costco, since it is still Top Tier, but the parking lot at the Ogden/Riverdale one is a complete mess. I prefer Shell, but those are few and far between.

2) SLC has its share of indy shops. I haven't been to one there since I had my M3. I have a buddy who used to own an indy shop in Layton, but he has since closed it and moved to Audi of SLC. Makes and Models is a local favorite in Layton, and you can always check out some exotics while you're there.

3) Winter driving isn't too bad if you have snow tires, and you're experienced at driving in snow. There are usually one or two days each winter when snow gets pretty deep on the roads and people wind up in ditches. Mountain roads can be a little treacherous, if you're sticking with rear drive, I would try to avoid them.

4) Mountain roads are the best part of Utah! If you're in Ogden I am sure you will spend plenty of time up at Pineview Reservoir, all of the roads leading there are a blast. Sardine Canyon from Logan to Bear Lake is fun, but usually has a lot of traffic. East Canyon is pretty much the back way from Ogden to SLC, and Ruth's is along the way, if you take Emigration canyon, the food and atmosphere there is great! Or if you continue towards Park City, Billy Blancos is fairly close, which is a restaurant that is a car guys dream, plus the Gold Rush Rally stops there every year and people take pics of their exotics.
Appreciate 0