05-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #45
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post

Will take car to tint shop for discussion, he is 3M only shop - likely go ceramic to save few bucks if tint tone and density will get me what I desire for cosmetic look and more importantly lighter rear tint density. That 3M ceramic tint is what i had in mind, but sounds like color tone wont work, darn. I'm age 68, wear contacts, night vision not exactly stellar ��. I should have gotten this tint thing redone 2+ years ago when purchased the car, it's uncomfortable/unsafe for me driving at night. Been lucky I guess, haven't backed into or hit anything yet...and no rear view camera or PDC system on this truck, ugh!

Is 'privacy glass' standard on these F30 sedans?
It’s only the CR40 that has the bronze shade, others are gray - you’ll see them all displayed in the shop and can judge for yourself. I think 3M has other ceramic tints as well that are cheaper, so win-win lol.

I saw comments that the X3 (and probably all the X’s now) have standard privacy glass in the rear, so might not show up on a VIN check. The regular cars like the 3-series have clear glass standard.
Appreciate 1
Wgosma806.00