shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartrav View Post
Many thanks. I have paid the deposit now and have included the Internet option, hopefully it will be worth having!
Well, after spending months figuring out how to to code BMW Live and Internet over Bluetooth, after I finally got it working, I turned it all back off due to the following:
  1. No Internet-In-Motion
  2. Speed - One, I am on a Verizon 3G Corporate Blackberry as they do not offer a 4G Blackberry. Two, the CPU in the CIC is just plain slow. Maybe with a 4G phone and the new upgraded HU_NBT Head Unit, the speed will be better.
  3. Browser - The CIC uses some flavor of Firefox 3.5, and there is no support for Flash, Java, or Silverlight, etc. (e.g. No NFL.com football game animation )
  4. Input - iDrive Controller scrolling through the alphabet one character at a time to enter URL's or fill in User Name or Password fields is painful.
  5. Loosing Google - Send-To functionality, which is part of BMW Assist.

Frankly, IMHO, it sucks. :

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0