View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #45
7or8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnik3 View Post
The F30 has grown in size compared to the E90 (3.6" longer and 1.5 wider). From a distance the proportions of F30 and E90 are similar. After studying the design features more closely the F30, it doesn't look any bigger than its predecessor. In fact, the front and rear overhangs are a bit shorter which give the F30 a leaner more athletic stance. From side view the window frame and greenhouse will remind you of the E90. The double character lines running down the side add to the sportiness and elegance, and also give the car a sense of forward motion. The wider track coupled with the low slung front end and new headlight and taillight design give the F30 a more dominating and aggressive down the road view compared to the E90.

I have owned 2 E90s in the past and the F30 is a worthy successor. The new interior is a great place to spend seat time. I love the driver focused cockpit feeling. Overall the F30 looks more aerodynamic and modern while still keeping the traditional BMW 3er features in tact. The design language of the 5 and 1 Series, as well as the i8 concept all blend into this new 3er.

One nitpick though - I like the rear diffuser on the three 3 Series lines, but not as much on the M Sport package. I think the E90 M Sport rear end looked more aggressive with how the grey plastic/painted diffuser went higher up.
Thanks for sharing that
Appreciate 0