View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
Kalle_bmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I agree that the 335 needs a power bump (like making the "is" the standard engine specs! either 320 or 330 hp, especially in their heavier cars, 5 series, SUVs...) and then the 335M needs around 360-370 horsepower (assuming the new M3 has around 450).

But that isn't to say the current 335i is dead. Its rated around 4.8 0-60 with rollout compared to 5.5 of the new engine, that is a pretty big difference to most on these boards, especially when you option them the same the difference in price is only around $4K, not a bad price to take 0.7 seconds off your 0-60 time.

the MPG savings will be nice with the i4, but the i6 has become pretty effecient with the new transmission and other fuel saving features.

Audi is the one that should be the most scared, Mercedes has always had a different market, not really performance driven (accept their AMG buyers) but they have always been way behind with performance on normal models, their engines just flat out suck! Audi on the other hand has tried to keep up with BMW and have some nice engines (new S4, TT-RS engines are pretty awesome for MPG and performance), but still not on par with the BMW engines, its like they just can't get as much out of them. At least they are keeping BMW on their toes.
Well, 335i can't have the same BHP as the "4.0". Remember that 640 is delivered with 320 bhp...
Appreciate 0