QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsguypat View Post
Do you need to have the Sport Automatic Transmission with the paddle shifters in order to have this coding done? I have a 335xdrive msport package with the sport and sport+ button on the drive dynamics but I don't have paddle shifters. Will I still be able to code my transmission to get launch control and have faster shifts?

You don't need to have the paddle shifters or the leather-wrapped gear selector, the coding will just change the programming of the transmission to make the shift points faster. As for Launch Control, you can code that as well, but from what I've read in other posts, if your car didn't already come with Launch Control, it can take a toll on your engine without the proper hardware, so just be careful with that one.

I've coded Sport+ and Sport Automatic Transmission. I love the SAT, but IMO, driving in Sport mode w/ the gear selector in the Sport position is too much for me in terms of shift points. I think they're too quick for me and a little harsh. I usually only drive with those settings when I'm feeling really aggressive! My favorite driving setting is Sport mode w/ the selector in Drive position. The actual shifts are still quick, but lets the engine rev a little more, I think. And the acceleration is nice too!