12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #29
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
That's not really correct, IME. With DTC on, you can still break the rear end loose, but not completely spin out. The car monitors your steering angle, speed and such and will let you slide, but not spin out. Over steer is definitely possible.
Random Note:
The car wont prevent you from being bonkers, even in comfort on wet pavement you can spin the wheels from a stop or make the car get sideways pretty easily (70% throttle). Traction control with flash and yell at you but the rpms hitting 5-6k with the car barely moving was an interesting thing I noticed. I dont think it cuts engine power, but brakes the appropriate wheel and tries to get traction to get you going in the right direction.

I wasn't trying to do anything crazy but the streets were a bit wet and I turned onto another street and gave it about medium throttle (in comfort mode) and the wheels spun pretty easily. Obviously, this was mostly due to wet pavement but still...

To get the same reaction you'd have to turn it to sport + and really get on it, but it's still possible to break the tires loose without power breaking.

/end obvious post
Appreciate 0