View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 10:45 AM   #28
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
I swapped the entire thing for piece of mind. Who knows if the old one was warped or had micro cracks in it that would eventually fail. I figured if I'm doing all of this work I might as well just swap the entire thing out and be done with it. I would HIGHLY recommend swapping the PCV hose, I'd go as far as saying it was a requirement for this job. No way I was putting that back.

I'm still trying to figure out what that hose was in the video that was missing on my vehicle. That and why both vacuum ports were plugged instead of just the one.
I think I will get the PCV hose---still try to figure out the cover part. I'm fine getting a new one if that is needed, but I don't really want to spend an extra $400+ if its not necessary. I think if the car has 100k or so its an easier decision...but replacing the whole cover at 65k....kind of lame if these things need to be replaced that often.