12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #271
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
BMW can make a car that looks like an ass (3 series GT is a good starting point), and put 50 M badges on it. If that's how they can make money, so be it, I really don't care. In fact I support it. BMW should make money.

But for God's sake, make 1 or 2 decent, light weight sports car. Enough with ugly, bloated crossovers, GT cars etc. Is the world coming to an end? Toyabaru is making what BMW should be making!
Fully agree, some say these weird mis births will grow on us and we'll learn to appreciate them. But that is all crap, it will be even worse after some years!! Some say it's for the new markets in Asia, well it's certainly not for N-USA nor W-Europe and I see some critical reactions from Asia also.

I guess that these days, the market is the world, and when you target 7 billion humans, you 'll find several tousands jumping on it, irrespective the sheer incompetence in design.

On top, you're completely right, when you shop BMW, you have a dozen options for heavy pig, but really NONE for nimble, light and ripped. The best option is the (fugly) M135i these days. Where is the world going to???
Appreciate 0