View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

UK Exhaust options - 435i

Wanted to gauge opinions with locally available options, the general exhaust forum has some good information but a lot of brands seem to be only sourced (currently at least) in the US.

I have been keeping an eye out on a MPE, priced have fluctuated drastically in the past 6 weeks. Cheapest available via a European main dealer was £680 without tips, recently eBay had a couple for £700 but all quickly back up to 900+ without tips

Had the pleasure of hearing a 440i with the MPPSK, this consists of a full catback system which isn't available or has an equivalent for the 435i.. I understand the MPE + MPPK is the nearest thing

Warranty aside am I right in saying, a straight mid pipe either made by an exhaust outfit, or the Remus midpipe/Akrapovic mid pipe leading to a axle back (mpe/remus) should produce a similar if not more of an aggressive tone with burbles, it's very feint at the moment and want to enjoy some more feedback.

Legalities wise, is a straight pipe a problem (I assume not if part of the MPPSK), I am aware of the cheaper CAT's are not MOT 'worthy' as they produce a code and are missing some component. Hence why I've avoided looking into changing this.

Also, is cutting the middle pipe resonator going to produce the same effect of a straight mid pipe at a much lower cost? What are the pros/cons to this vs the Remus/Akra mid pipes.

Insurance wise any replacement that is stainless steel is fine.. random I know but that's what the policy states, so good on that front.

I understand the potential dangers of a straight mid pipe with droning, previously fitted one to a older car and the drone was bad at 60-70mph. All posts I've read until now claim there isn't any droning with stock downpipe and straight pipe + MPE/other rear silencers.

Random link, but similar plans to this posted example
Appreciate 0