View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #36
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris330 View Post
Gents I really can't that you enough for the guidance and help here. It was supposed to be a 1 year rental but with Covid it delayed buying until December just gone. I've absolutely accepted the stains were caused by me hence the contribution - clearly that wasn't enough!
The fact he's selling the property as well doesn't help me feel any better about it all - I won't be backing down. I'll chat with the Mrs tonight to decide on what to do next and keep you posted.
If it makes you feel any better, I am the other side of the fence, not your landlord I hasten to add but tenants have moved out and a few things need sorting, not least 3 badly decorated rooms (they clearly missed the bit that said they could decorate as long as it was to a professional standard and left in a neutral colour!) and a few other random issues - curtains not the ones I left, blinds missing.... But they were in 2 years and generally good tenants and in some ways its better than I expected - garden, living rooms...... I use a letting agent though and have asked them to advise on what is reasonable, and given the tenant owes some rent (kind landlord allowing reduced payments when furloughed) it certainly wont be all of their deposit!

Oh and at least one carpet is stained but I'll clean that as best it goes....
Appreciate 0