View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 05:22 AM   #41
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post
£1900 seems a lot for the area you refer to unless it's a significantly large house. I replaced the entire carpets in my house (4 bedroom detached with many downstairs rooms) in the summer and even my lounge which runs at 24 feet long didn't come in at half of that.

I don't miss this stuff... when I had a rental property my last paying tenant was my brother, didn't end well and made me sell up!
I am just getting quotes for a lounge, master bedroom, small bedroom, galleried landing and stairs... if I get mine for twice that I will be happy!

Not down to the tenants though, just fair wear and tear.... but the missing blinds (x 3 in the porch), missing curtains (x1 room), random acts of weirdness, and the worst decorating ever definitely are! Of course they dispute it so I can now await them getting round to submitting the dispute (why should they rush?) or the 90 days passing - its only £1600 no problem....

Appreciate the betterment piece - I had decent decorated walls and now I have something you just cant leave so I consider all the decorating costs to be valid.....if they hadnt touched it I wouldnt charge them!

And yes, I might sell this time, but its still a decent return overall.... and the market will be dead post stamp duty holiday ending...
Appreciate 0