View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #65
petrolhead2014
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i and soon F33 428i/30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
Comments like these make me just a little frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I love that the 328 has stepped up its game. I just wish people would have given the old D the same credit when it put up similar numbers in performance and efficiency (even better in fact, according to the first test from MT), and did so 3 years ago with 6 year old technology. Maybe if people had gotten as excited then about the efficiency and performance combo as they are now then BMW would have considered bringing over more, fully modern, diesels in the F30.
I've driven plenty of diesels in the F platforms in UK and Germany.. 435d, 535d, 330d, 320d. Also Merc E220d and C220d. All of them were noisy, unrefined and also lacked the top end aggression of the E90 330i and F30 328i I've owned (very apparent at above 110 mph on the autobahn). The tiny mpg advantage they have is no justification for sounding like tractors - if you're tight on money to the point of ruining your driving experience to save a few cents, surely your priority would be getting a cheaper car like a Ford? You'd save far more and when the funds allow you can then buy a nice petrol BMW.
Appreciate 0