View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #53
adamsclubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
Inigo: I do not think it means what you think it means.
Yea, you'd think when someone tries to throw a big word around, he would at least first figure out what it really means

Quote:
I've also driven the C250, and I agree with your assessment. It is actually quite sporty, but that sporting intention is noticeably let down by the overly light steering. I've read that the actual feedback is ok once you push it, but still the combination of the CLS sourced, ultra sporty steering wheel with that finger light steering effort came off as kind of weird.
Yes the C250 steering was a bit light, but tightened up as the speed was up. But here is the thing, the F30 steering was a let-down from E90, so the gap is closed a little.

Quote:
I do not hate the F30. I think it is a great car, and I would choose it over the C class as well. I also think it would serve my family better than my E90, although I'm not convinced that it will serve ME better. But that does not change the fact that the review was a pure horse manure and the reviewer sounded like a fat frat boy who's way too excited about being selected for some body spray free trial program.
The biggest let-down of the F30 for me is the front design. There is a good chance I will get a F30 335i with M-sport, if other alternatives are still not worth the money. If that should happen, I guess I can tell the above few folks who just bought the first MY F30, that they are just stuck with a first year (usually unreliable) and ugly model, while I am driving the latest more sporty looking, with all the bugs worked out, and have all the newer techs.

This is what happens when people can't debate on merits.

Next year this time the comparisons will be more interesting, the F30 M sport will be readily available, the all new Caddy ATS too, so is the redesigned G37. Even the A4 will have some facelift done to it.
Appreciate 0