View Single Post
      09-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #100
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Happy to help out, Rob.

As one more way of analyzing the data, I took the model's 328i xDr construct and ran it with different permutations of HP in 10 HP increments. From the base of 241 HP down to 191 HP and up to 291. That allows a series of curves to be generated showing how HP may affect the slope of a vehicle's performance graph in this estimated simulation.

These 'reference curves' (I use that term loosely) thus allow one to make a rough extrapolation of the HP differences between runs in those two short time intervals. In Jamoka's example at the 8.4-9.9 sec interval, his stock run data point is -31 HP from the model's stock 328i curve, whereas his best run is at +2 HP in c/w the simulation's stock curve. So it would seem reasonable to conclude, in this small sample of one stock run and 2 tuned runs, his 'tune' allowed a 33 HP increase in that narrow time (and speed) interval. I would leave it to the statisticians to determine how many runs of stock vs tuned one would need to reach statistical significance, but that is not the point of this layman's analysis. This is simply a chance for those of us without dynos and high-end software to be able to put at least some science behind the performance of our vehicles.

I'm also including the chart for the 13-14.6 sec interval where it would appear the increase is about 27 HP.
Attached Images

Last edited by Max Well; 09-10-2015 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: Now using the actual drag slip times rather than subtracting the R/T
Appreciate 3
Fr3sh29.50