IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Hello BMW Experts!

I finally got the rear sway bar in, so now have the big 440i sway bars front & rear. I haven't taken the car to the hills yet, so have no driving report.
But the install was a royal pain. My 330i, made in 10/16, bog stock suspension, came with no rear bar at all. The first shop I asked managed to replace the front bar, but chickened out on the rear bar because it wasn't a 'replace' like in the front, but more of an unknown. So 'F' them, I dropped my car at a better place this morn who said they could do it. Got a call a few hours later saying they didn't know where to attach the bar at the strut/hub end. WTF!! So I went out and put their fingers on the screw holes. Then they managed for a large price.
I also put in the M3/4 front lower lateral links, which give ~ 0.5 degrees camber & have stiffer ball joints & bushings, & maybe are lighter. I put these in myself & had to drive ~ 2 miles for an alignment. I had so much toe it was scary! I should have done an eyeball alignment. But the driving improvement is obvious, with turn-in very nice & sharp.
With these bars in, I think I have my suspension where I want it: M-Sport springs, Billie shocks, 440i sway bars, M3/4 lateral links, lite 17" wheels. I'm ready for the dirty back roads....

Murf
P/N for the M3 lateral links?
Appreciate 0