View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 12:36 AM   #93
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Just got the Millway Street camber plates installed today. Props to Samuel for getting them to me so quickly!

Some observations:
-The plate height is indeed the same 10mm thickness as the OE top mount.
-It's easy to take apart the sliding mechanism and replace the damper piston shaft mount and polyurethane buffers if they ever wear.
-The screw HW supplied are 6mm hex, grade 8.8. Personally I hate hex for things that need to get torqued to spec, and I'm wondering why the HW is grade 8.8 when the OE bolts are grade 10.9.
-I've asked Samuel if there's any issue with running the OE bolts. I don't think there should be since they're the same thread size and pitch. They will protrude past the bottom of the plate below the shock tower unlike the bolts supplied, but that doesn't seem to be an issue when I took a look.

I've only driven a bit around town so far, but I'm impressed with how little change there's been in NVH. I actually can't even tell if there's been any change from my setup before. I'll leave the possibility that if you have OE bushings for the tension strut you may have a small increase in NVH, but if you already have monoballs like I do, you might not notice anything. It'll be interesting to see the data I collect on my commute this week.

Video to come...

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 2
kern4174446.50
andino479.50