View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #5
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Bring a Trailer has this 7,000 mile '94 Supra with the bid currently at $90,000 and two days to go. Reading the comments, those "in the know" are impressed.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-supra-19/
pure common sense baffles me why people put so much value on Supras... the F and F movie franchise is all i can think of...

The supra turbo of that gen was not that great of a handler, was quite heavy, had a very laggy stock turbo and some could argue didn't even look that great. The other problem being that everyone now builds turbo motors that are significantly better and more modern (BMW to name one company). No one even cared about Supras until the movies and they weren't modded by anyone to run below 12 seconds in the 1/4 until mid 2000s lol. The current GTR can also run 6 seconds in the 1/4 w the proper mods and can be had for 50K all day for the car. BMW has incredible M cars now that are significantly more luxurious and can also be modded to be quick, as can plenty AMGs... it even shows Toyota can no longer create magic as they needed to borrow the most important components for the new car from BMW.
Appreciate 2