XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
So my valve cover (I assume) seems to be leaking. It seems like the oil leak is towards the rear of the valve cover, by the firewall, and is dripping down onto the underbody cover. From doing some research it seems like the gasket almost always leaks off to the side and makes it's way onto the downpipe where it will smoke and smell.

Has anyone ever experienced a leak towards the back of the valve cover with no signs of smoke/smell? I'm just trying to make sure this is where the leak seems to be coming from before I place my order from FCP for a new valve cover kit...

My list is:

- New Valve Cover. Comes with all bolts and gaskets.
- BMW Valvetronic Actuator Seal with new self tapping screws
- New PCV Vent Hose

I recently replaced my coolant overflow hose, so that's new. I believe I have all the tools necesarry to do the job except for some crowfeet wrench adapters to torque the gas lines down. Anything I'm missing?
I'm so lazy - I have to do this because mine is leaking, and to install the MILVS. I'm just not motivated lol
Nothing to it. I was weary also, it's not hard at all.