01-21-2020, 01:22 AM   #78
tsho
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 428i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Light Carpet/Angel Wings
Great job on the install of this! The results look great.

I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to electronics and am having some trouble with my own installation. I'm in the process of putting a similar kit on my 2016 428i xDrive coupe, but since I lack the experience to be able to decode the NewTIS diagrams for my own car, I am really hoping you'd be able to provide some guidance on the wiring.

I purchased this system from iJDM Toy: LINK

The kit has been mounted to the car in much the same way you ended up doing your own. The questions I have are:

- how would I confirm which pin on the electrical connectors I need to connect to? I imagine they would be the same as yours since our vehicles are essentially the same chassis, but I don't know which diagram to look for to confirm. I've landed on THIS, but don't know where that corresponds to on the actual car.

- Would you please provide some more detailed instructions on how you spliced into the existing wire that a total newb could follow?

- did you need to recode the car at all? I've been told in the past that an install such as this where you are splicing onto an ECU controlled component would require you to recode the computer - something to do with the computer not sending enough power to the line to support the new component. I suspect this is false in this case, but could you please confirm?

Thank you in advance!

t
Appreciate 0