300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
I think you have to take it from their perspective (data collectors). All they do is look at the data as reported by the mfrs and compile these lists. I can't fault them for what appears to be inconsistencies if this is how the data is reported in the first place.
That's a reasonable position. For me the discussion was more about the academics to begin with - not pointing fingers. That being said, if we just take what we're handed without thought then we might not be getting the most accurate information. I detected an objectionable tone from some (not you) when questions were raised about the reporting specifics. That's a poor attitude in my opinion.

Quote:
Maybe next time BMW will combine the 5/6 but I think they are comfortable with where the 5 and 6 stand from a marketing perspective.
I think they combine as many models' sales figures as they can get away with without raising too many eyebrows. I still think it would be interesting to know the how and why behind how the models are broken down. I suppose it is part self-regulated and partly traceable back to legal nuance. Of course BMW is not publicly traded in the US so the latter may not apply.
Agreed they should at least be more transparent in how the numbers are determined.

It still does not excuse BMW from selling fewer 5s than the Eclass, lol. The E class handling dynamics leave a lot to be desired. Maybe the E550 is better but the E350 I drove reminded me of a Lexus ES350!!!!

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0