View Single Post
      01-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #85
Lster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

power braking issue beyond recall dates. Any advice?

Hi all,

I have a 328i 2014 showing the same issues, but...it was manufactured in Munich a few months after the recall dates (which are through 8/2013). I braked at full pressure but experienced loss of braking power leading to a collision (no injuries). I had the car for 5 weeks and it's spent 3 more weeks at the dealer (while I'm in a crappy rental). Dealer refused to touch it. North American inspector coming tomorrow. Like many others this is a low mileage, low speed new car issue.

Seeking advice from you all regarding:
From my description below, what do you think was the cause?

2) if they come back saying they couldn't recreate brake issue, or its a very minor repair, what worked for you to ultimately get a safe car?
3) what was the ultimate resolution - a fix that stuck or buyback/return? how long did you have to work with BMW on the problems?
4) was anyone not covered by the recall?
5) When is the right time to initiate a buy back or take back of lease?

Incident:
1) At stop or nearly stopped <2-3 mph the brakes seemed to give up their holding power. Car rolled downhill. The brake pedal went from nearly stopping car to juddering. It felt as if the car thought I was hardly braking - the car switched to from nearly stopped to crawling. No slipping - the wheels were rolling, no indicator lights. This happened in light rain, but the car stopped and then braking power failed - we were going slowly and couldn't stop the car until it hit something or had a long flat empty road.

2) 3 other time in garage or at intersections, the brakes would judder when pressed hard while the car stopped. All these occurred at <1200 miles, at 0-3 mph.
Appreciate 0