View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #65
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
nice longtran im deciding between an f30 and a e92 m3 and i want details my friend. i hate these newb comments about lowering an f30 ruining it
That is a tough call. For me, I've already experience the m3 and I am ready to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
I wonder how the lowering springs cope with the Sport Line F30s shipping with the adaptive dampers. This would actually be my first concern. Would the dampers have to be re-programmed?

I'm really interested to see if they will bring out an M-Sport X-Drive with the adaptive dampers and if it will still retain the ride height of the regular RWD models. I just hope BMW doesn't shoot themselves in the foot again with this. We need an S4 rival and the 335 x-drive cannot do it without suspension upgrades.
It is fine. It is almost like the e9x edc suspension. the only difference is that the f30 will set the dampening according to what mode you are on. The E9x m3 you can set the dampening to whatever you want in any mode.

No recoding needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
We spoke with H&R on these springs today. They are still at least a month out by their estimate, as least for the USA market. We are trying to get a set early by air for you guys to give some feeback and photos of the stance
Nice man. Although we have the car lowered, I still prefer coilovers over any springs. I had springs on the m3 for 2 years and bought KW coilovers after. I wish I could have went with KW coilover to begin with.
Appreciate 0