View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 02:20 AM   #99
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
Have you gone through the monthlies with one of the business managers? Either that info is just wrong or somehow its reducing the gfv by not taking the products.

Id ask for a full finance quote with and without the 1400 in BS add ons. Should be £30pm cheaper at least without.
Yup - the salesman is away today as am I so I won't be getting much done. I have absolutely no issue with anything they've done so far except this.

If it was any other thread we'd all be saying "paying £1400 for products is insane" but because the deal is so good I think there's a view of letting it slide. If they offer Gap at 300-400 i'd absolutely take it, happy to get the salesman his bonus (he deserves it he's been great aside from this). Don't want Gard X in any way shape or form as the car is going unwashed straight to the detailer if I get it.

As seems to be the case with car finance, it's smoke and mirrors and trying to hide things. I want a very basic upfront thing sent to me:

Car price + options (approx 50k)
Level of dealer contribution (6400ish as it stands, 7000+ if they remove products)
Level of BMW contribution (5250 btw)

I don't care about monthlies which is all they care about. I can cover it whether it's 400 or 600, I care about the total level of discount, removing all additional products I don't need, and what the balloon is so I know what I need to have in 4 years if I want to buy it outright/sell it on. Being 0% apr makes it a lot easier for me to see anything additional buried in there.

I realise it isn't a money maker for the dealer in any great way, but for every one of me that helps them make the year end sales target and not much else, there will be 4 other people coming in taking paint, gap, and nowhere near the contribution because they haven't done their homework.
Appreciate 0